Oasis Church

Oasis Church

Monday, March 3, 2014

Master Gardener




Spring is just around the corner and that means time to clean up the yardand get ready to plant. Out with the old, in with the new. Rake up the dead leaves, prune the rose bushes, and trim branches. 

I enjoy gardening. I like to plant flowers and different kinds of vegetables. For the first few months, my plants do well because I take time to care for them. I check on them daily, water them, trim what needs to be trimmed, and provide them with necessary nutrients in order to help them grow and reach their best potential. 

However, over time, I start to lose interest. My fun new project turns into one more chore I have to do and I begin to neglect what I've planted. My beautiful plants, which had great promise and started out so well, begin to die off and wither from my lack of attention. 

Thankfully, God never neglects what He has planted. We are His workmanship. He is our Master Gardener. Unlike me with my plants, God never tires of working the soil of our hearts. He desires daily to dig up our fallow ground, sow seeds of righteousness, prune the areas in our heart that hold no place for Him, and chooses to help us reach our full potential that He, Himself has placed in us. God lovingly watches over us, constantly keeping us in His care. He provides all that we need to grow abundantly in Him.

 As Philippians 1:6 states: "He who has begun a good work in you will completeit until the day of Jesus Christ."


Dina Pugh


1 comment: