Oasis Church

Oasis Church

Monday, March 31, 2014

Starbucks Coming Soon!



A new Starbucks is under construction in the shopping center next to our neighborhood. Many people (myself included) are eagerly awaiting its grand opening.

To help further the excitement and anticipation, they’ve hung a large, bold banner in front of the new store that says: STARBUCKS COMING SOON! Every time I drive by and see the banner I think to myself, What if instead of the word Starbucks the banner read: JESUS COMING SOON! Would people be just as excited?

Unfortunately, I think a lot of us lose focus when it comes to the eternal things ahead. We get caught up in day-to-day life and we simply forget. Our priorities get out of order. We look forward to another opportunity to buy an over-priced, sugar laden Frappuccino, but do we look forward to what really matters?

You’ve heard it said that this world is not our home. And it’s not.  At least, not forever. For us, as believers, we have a new home. An eternal home.  And far better than any new Starbucks coming soon, we have a Savior coming again soon to take us home.

So as we wait for that expectant day, let us enjoy the temporary things but let us embrace and set our hearts on the eternal things.

“And behold, I am coming quickly, and My reward is with Me, to give to everyone according to his work.” He who testifies to these things says, “Surely I am coming quickly.” Amen. Even so, come, Lord Jesus!
Revelation 22: 12 & 20



Dina Pugh

No comments:

Post a Comment