Oasis Church

Oasis Church

Thursday, March 20, 2014

What Do You Stand For?




I was on a business trip this past week where I got to hang out with a large number of people. Some I knew 
but most I had never met before. On several occasions a handful of people mentioned they had heard I was a pastor. It is interesting to me how and when this comes up in conversation. I often wonder how that comes up about me when I'm not involved in the discussion.

The conversation usually goes the same way every time. They ask me what church I am a part of and what 
denomination we are. That is usually followed by a comment that they used to go to church. I like to focus on what we, as a church, stand for. Too often non-Christians get a dose of what Christianity is against.

Another thing a person will usually say is that they believe in God but they also believe that the only other thing 
that matters is that they are a good person. My heart sinks when they say that and I ask them why they think that. That gives me the opportunity to share further.

These are always interesting conversations. The number one thing I find that keeps the conversation going in the 
right direction is focusing on what I am for, not what I am against.


Blessings!

Jason Pugh

No comments:

Post a Comment