Oasis Church

Oasis Church

Thursday, May 15, 2014

Busy, Busy, Busy!




I like staying busy. It keeps my mind engaged and keeps me from getting bored. I find when I get too busy or too focused on something I tend to get short with people. My answers are very brief and direct and I’m sure I come off as if they are bothering me. That’s a problem…THAT is what bothers me. I don’t want to come across that way.

I spent so many years worrying about the wrong things and keeping busy with trying to achieve those things:
  •        My title at work
  •        My position at work
  •        How much money I was making

There was always time for God. He was still a priority. What was neglected was my family. I worked long hours, had lots of meetings and traveled quite a bit. I was trying to climb the corporate ladder. Next thing I knew my two oldest kids were graduating from high school! Where had the years gone?
I had this saying I used to quote a lot: “We make time for what is important to us.” And I still believe that today. Had my family not been important to me back then? What a smack to the back of the head! Of course my family was important but my priorities were all messed up. I’m certainly glad I got things back in order. Life is so much more rewarding.

I think of the wise words of Solomon, the wisest man there ever was, in Ecclesiastes 1:1-11: “Meaningless, meaningless! Everything is meaningless!” That is so true, especially if we don’t have our priorities straight.


Pastor Jason

No comments:

Post a Comment