Oasis Church

Oasis Church

Monday, September 22, 2014

Grace



But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me. 2 Corinthians 12:9


This is an invitation to the Holy Spirit to dwell within us daily, and boy, oh boy, do I need that.

I’ve been stressed out by life lately. Schedule, loss, need, and trauma – the struggle continues. How do I cope? Grace.

The relationship of our weakness to God’s strength is an uncomfortable one for us most of the time. I appreciate the power of the Holy Spirit acting in my life on a daily, hourly, moment-to-moment basis. But it isn’t easy to live this way. And it’s not supposed to be. That is the life of a Christian.

Understand what is happening: none of us, not one, is in control of anything. It’s about God in everything in every second of everyday. This is his story, his plan, his project, and we are all the recipients of his love. It’s beautiful.

And while I appreciate Paul’s desire to “boast” about his weakness, I find it hard to celebrate in those moments of desperation when, once again, fear, doubt, and yes, even trembling overtake me. Where is God in those moments?

It usually doesn’t take long for me to see him. I’m blessed that way. I know that eventually, sooner and sooner as I grow in my faith, the dust will settle, the murky water will clear, and I will again see the glorious work of my Father’s hands.

So, while I can’t always celebrate, I will rest with confidence in the warmth of God’s love and the almighty power of Christ. Fill me again today oh Lord. 


Kevin Bibo

No comments:

Post a Comment