Oasis Church

Oasis Church

Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Riptide



Getting caught in a riptide or rip current is frightening. The more you fight, the further you are drug from safety. The best move is to let go and to float until you are released from the rip’s grip. Then you can swim sideways until you reach the shore.

One day at the beach, when I was very young, I got caught in a bad rip current. I panicked. I think I screamed for help. I believed I was going to die. As I was getting pulled under again, an arm reached down into the water and pulled me out. It was my dad. He probably saved my life.

Psalm 18:16-19:

He sent from on high, he took me;
he drew me out of many waters.
He rescued me from my strong enemy
and from those who hated me,
for they were too mighty for me.
They confronted me in the day of my calamity,
but the LORD was my support.
He brought me out into a broad place;
he rescued me, because he delighted in me.

Always remember God’s love. He will rescue you from the rip currents, just like my dad rescued me, because he delights in you.

Kevin Bibo


No comments:

Post a Comment