Oasis Church

Oasis Church

Monday, April 4, 2016

Trust the Lord, No Matter the Outcome





For my mom

This past week has been a roller coaster of emotions for me.  I have experienced incredible joy with the birth of our first grandson, only to be followed a few days later with the crushing news that my mom’s return of breast cancer may have spread.  I am juggling joy with sorrow, lightness along with heaviness of heart.

I think the hardest part for me, and maybe for most of you as well, is not fully understanding the reasons behind what the Lord allows and doesn’t allow.  We know God is sovereign and can do all things, so when He answers our prayers differently than that of what we have asked, it can feel hurtful.

But God is good [righteous, kind, honorable, worthy, pure, excellent] so our hurt feelings are simply a by-product of our lack of understanding.

This is where trust comes in.  And this is why the Lord reminds us in Proverbs 3:5, “Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding.”(Emphasis added)  We trip ourselves up when we rely on our own limited understanding.

I love the conviction of Shadrach, Meshach and Abed-Nego found in Daniel chapter 3 when they were faced with the fiery furnace if they refused to bow down to king Nebuchadnezzar’s gold image.  They said to the king, “If that is the case, our God whom we serve is able to deliver us from the burning fiery furnace, and He will deliver us from your hand, O king.  But if not, let it be known to you, O king, that we do not serve your gods, nor will we worship the gold image which you have set up.” vs. 16-18

That is the conviction of heart I want in my life when faced with my own fiery trials.  Trust the Lord, no matter the outcome.


Dina Pugh

No comments:

Post a Comment