Oasis Church

Oasis Church

Tuesday, October 17, 2017

Nosebleeds and Jesus




  I don’t know about you, but I am one of those who are continually on watch for our Lord’s return. I’m talking about the rapture. Many scholars and watchmen alike tend to pay closer attention in the Fall because of the three Fall feasts: Feast of Trumpets, Day of Atonement, and Feast of Tabernacles. I will not go into detail here and now, but both the Spring feasts as well as the Fall feasts coincide with our Lord, Jesus. Bear in mind, the feasts are not strictly for the Jewish people as we tend to believe. These are the Lord’s feasts as He states in His Word.

And the LORD spoke to Moses saying, “Speak to the children of Israel, and say to them: ‘The feasts of the Lord, which you shall proclaim to be holy convocations, these are My feasts.’” Leviticus 23:1

  That being said, this year’s particular Fall feasts season was especially a high watch time because of the fulfillment of a prophesy given in Revelation some 2,000 years ago.

Now a great sign appeared in heaven: a woman clothed with the sun, with the moon under her feet, and on her head a garland of twelve stars. Revelation 12:1

  This vision seen by John the Apostle was fulfilled in the sky on September 23, 2017. How amazing to be living in these times! So like I said, because of the Revelation 12 sign and the many other things that have been happening around our globe as of late, this Fall season has kept me and many others on our toes. However, while technically it is still Fall as I write this, the Lord’s feasts have come and gone and we are still here.

  In the pre-dawn hours this morning, I had a nosebleed. I know what you’re thinking: What does a nosebleed have to do with what you’re talking about? Bear with me. I always get my nosebleeds in the middle of the night or right before morning breaks. Over time, I have learned to recognize the signal that comes right before the unexpected flow of blood. It’s a faint but distinct “pop” that I can feel in my nose. Learning this signal has been quite valuable in saving my pillowcase and bedding from the oncoming assault. So this morning, as I rolled over in bed, I felt the familiar “pop” in my nose. I was about to jump up out of bed before the mess came, but lo and behold, nothing happened. A few minutes later, as I was attempting to fall back asleep…bam. The floodgates opened and next thing you know, I’m running to the bathroom for the box of Kleenex.

  Okay, so again you may be asking what does any of this have to do with the rapture? I personally believe the Lord is giving us signs if we’ll but pay attention. We may not know the day or the hour of our Lord’s return, but the Lord Himself has told us to be watchful.

“Watch therefore, for you do not know what hour your Lord is coming. But know this, that if the master of the house had known what hour the thief would come, he would have watched and not allowed his house to be broken into. Therefore you also be ready, for the Son of Man is coming at an hour you do not expect.” Matthew 24:42-44

Take heed, watch and pray; for you do not know when the time is. It is like a man going to a far country, who left his house and gave authority to his servants, and to each his work, and commanded the doorkeeper to watch. Watch therefore, for you do not know when the master of the house is coming – in the evening, at midnight, at the coming of the rooster, or in the morning – lest, coming suddenly, he find you sleeping. And what I say to you, I say to all: Watch!” Mark 13:33-37

Blessed are those servants whom the master, when he comes, will find watching. Luke 12:37

“Behold, I am coming as a thief. Blessed is he who watches, and keeps his garments, lest he walk naked and they see his shame.” Revelation 16:15

  And while it may seem like the Lord is not coming anytime soon because the great sign in the heavens has come and gone along with the Fall feasts, maybe like my momentarily delayed nosebleed, we are right on the cusp!

“For yet a little while, and He who is coming will come and will not tarry.”
 Hebrews 10:37

He who testifies to these things says, “Surely I am coming quickly.” Amen. Even so, come, Lord Jesus! Revelation 22:20



Dina Pugh

No comments:

Post a Comment