Oasis Church

Oasis Church

Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Strength



 “The LORD gives strength to his people; the LORD 
blesses his people with peace.”
Psalm 29:11

This past weekend I celebrated my birthday.  And yes, I’m 29…still.
This is a time when I can reflect on the year that has passed.  
If there was one theme this past year in my life it would be strength. 

"Be on your guard; stand firm in the faith; be courageous; be strong.” 1 Corinthians 16:13  

Typically when I think about strength, I tend to first imagine physical strength. If it is mental, I visualize someone who isn't giving any information up while being interrogated or Chinese algebra.  

I often don't turn to the strength we are given by God when we make it through a rough day at work, or perhaps the kids were really wound up, or maybe your seven year old daughter sings, "Let it go" from Frozen incessantly.

There are many things we live through by God’s grace as He tries to teach us, grow us, and give us strength.  God knows us. He Loves us. He wants to make us better people. 

If you think about what you have lived through and recognize it was God, who gave you the strength to step through the season.  How do we know this?  We are here!  Praise Him for each and everyday you are given.  


God bless,

Ben Linares

No comments:

Post a Comment