Oasis Church

Oasis Church

Thursday, October 23, 2014

My Oasis Pastoral Tribute


And I will give you shepherds after my heart, who will feed you with knowledge and understanding.
Jeremiah 3:15

I am in the unique position to offer insight into the lives of the Pastors of this church. It is my honor to list some of these insights to you, the flock of God to whom they serve.

I have seen these Pastors receive with open arms and open hearts people that the world has despised and thrown away.  I have watched them see only positive potential in people when everyone else only sees the negative aspects.

I have seen these Pastors visit the sick, visit the imprisoned, feed the poor and intercede in prayer for this church with tears and fasting. I have seen these Pastors work hard in secular jobs and continue to care deeply for this church even when the church could not afford to pay them a salary.

I have seen these Pastors forfeit their retirement funds and empty their saving accounts to make sure this church continues to survive.  I have also seen them give money out of their own pockets to give to people of this church. I have seen these Pastors prepare for services just as hard for 1000 kids, teens and adults, but only a handful show up.

I have seen these Pastors love kids, teens and adults with everything that is inside of them. If Pastors ministered for money, they would be the greatest of fools.  If Pastors ministered for fame they would be among the most selfish of men.

These Oasis Pastors heard God's call to feed and care for God's people, and they cannot quit, as for them, this would mean quitting on God Himself.

Their responsibility and judgment before God has a high bar with stern standards, as they are mandated to care for God's own.  They have agreed to maintain these standards.

Thank you Oasis Pastors.  My life would not be what it is today without you. You care for my soul and you care for the business of God's Kingdom here on earth.  You may not be highly respected by the world, but you are indeed respected by your Chief Shepherd, Jesus Christ.  And you are all loved and respected by me.

With much love!

Darnelle Mason


No comments:

Post a Comment